If you are suffering from cold winter blues, an island getaway might be the perfect solution for you. There’s no better way to escape the frigid cold and winter coats than to lie on a sandy beach soaking up the rays of the sun.
Here are a few perfect island holiday destinations that will leave you feeling refreshed and revitalized.
1. Key West, Florida, USA – If you live in America this is an ideal holiday destination. Well known for its perfect mixture of fun day activities and lively nightlife, this is a favourite getaway for many. For those who like sightseeing you might indulge in the following:
1. Garden viewing
2. Historical site hopping such as Ernest Hemingway’s home
3. Unique architecture viewing
4. Live theatre
5. Art fairs
There are the adrenaline pumping activities such as jet-ski ride and parasailing for the sports fanatics as well. The Key West is also known for its boat races and fishing tournaments held almost every weekend.
2. Jamaica – A mixture of basic to high-end luxury accommodation, this is an island whose culture needs to be experienced at least once. The people might seem to have a rugged exterior but are extremely warm and friendly.
The natural landscape is stunning with lush green mountains, winding rivers and excellent beaches. Here are a few of the attractions on offer to the wide eyed traveller:
1. Historical landmarks
2. Rich culture
3. World class golf courses
4. Exotic tropical fruits
5. Cascading waterfalls.
For the sports fanatics, the island offers river-rafting experience to remember for a lifetime and a variety of water sports.
3. Phuket, Thailand – On the other side of the world lies this island that is serious competition to some of the best in the world. Thailand is known for its gorgeous white sand beaches with its crystal clear water, What Phuket offers you are a mixture of beach as well as city life. There is something for everyone, so no one can say they were bored on their holiday! Patong and Karon are two of the most popular beaches in Thailand where one can find cheap as well as luxurious villa accommodations. Some of the activities on offer here are:
2. Jet Skiing
3. Scuba diving
For those who would like to relax and take in the vibe of this gorgeous destination there are many spa massage parlors that offer an experience to remember.
4. Koh Phi Phi Island, Thailand – A paradise that’s the perfect getaway for the quiet island experience, Koh Phi Phi is the perfect choice. With its crystal clear water and gorgeous sandy beaches, this is a favourite for honeymooning couples as it is a very romantic getaway. It offers some of the best accommodations available from well knows resorts such as The Holiday Inn as well as local villas that can be rented for the week. Some of the activities available here are:
1. Scuba diving
4. Site seeing
Well known for its stunning and picturesque locale, the island is a favourite backdrop for Hollywood filmmakers as well.
5. Bali, Indonesia – Located in the Asian Pacific Bali is well known for its gorgeous beaches and iconic culture. One of the most charming things about Bali is that because of its size one can rent a car and drive along the coast in a day. Here are some of the favourite tourist attractions that make it a world famous destination:
1. Mesmerizing temple ceremonies
2. Dance performances
3. Gorgeous beaches
You can find the relaxation you desire by immersing yourself in authentic Indonesian culture.
6. Boracay, Philippines – It has been hailed as one of the most breathtakingly beautiful places available to spend a holiday. What this island offers you is a mixture of peace as well adventure. One of its most popular beaches in The Bulabog Beach where there is a host of windsurfing and other water sport activities. Some of the attractions this island has to offer are:
1. Hiking, biking and horseback riding
3. Scuba diving
4. Jet Skiing
This island is the perfect choice for those who would like to make the most of their vacation by spending some quality time on a gorgeous beach while enjoying all the activities on offer.